Strawberry Freezer Jam

Oh, goodness! I cannot bring myself to buy jam anymore. My family is super spoiled with homemade jams. The all-time favorite is strawberry.

 I make it in mass, so I wait until it is $1 per pound. You need about 2 lbs of fresh strawberries per box of Reduce sugar Sure-Jell. It will make 7-8 half pint jars of joy.Wash and prepare strawberries by cutting off stems and blemishes.

 Use a blender (I use a stick blender so my children can help)or food processor to almost purée your berries. You want there to be some small chunks.Follow package instructions: mix 3 cups sugar and pectin packet together In a medium saucepan. Add and mix in 1 cup water. Bring mixture to a boil and boil for one minute while constantly stirring. Add pectin mixture to 4 cups puréed strawberries. Stir until completely mixed together. Using a funnel, pour jam into jars. Fill to 1/2 inch from the rim of the jar. Wipe rims off. Use new and washed jar lids, tighten rings on top. Let the jam sit out for 24 hours before freezing( to make sure it is completely set.)

Use your jam on everything, ok maybe not. We like it on Rolls, Biscuits, German pancakes, Waffles, French toast, Tortillas, and good ol' PB&J.

No comments:

Post a Comment