Apple Blueberry Streusel Muffins


I do not like fresh blueberries at all, but I cannot stop eating these fresh blueberry muffins. They're moist because of the apples, sweet, and just plain yummy. I made three dozen of these bad boys and left for 4 hours. When I returned, there were only a handful left.


1 1/2 Shredded Apples (Gala's are my favorite)
3/4 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Oil
1 Large Egg
1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed (optional)

Mix all together until moistened. Add all at once:

2 Cups Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder (if you are at a lower elevation, you may need to add 1/2 to 1 tsp)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Stir until combined. Fold in 1 pint fresh blueberries. Fill muffin cups lined with paper liners, or greased.  Sprinkle with Streusel Topping. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Streusel Topping (from Betty Crocker)
1/4 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment